Monday, August 29, 2011

Ode to Otis

Essex Bay

Katama Bay

Lewis Bay



It is the end of summer, practically.... Despite tornadoes, earthquakes and Hurricane Irene all I
want to do is Sit on the Dock of the Bay. Otis really had something there; it is the ultimate key to enjoying life and taking stock of the surrounding beauty. I hope he made time for it.

As our senses are bombarded with external stimuli and our days get filled with 'things to do' that languid pace of summer noticeably quickens. I am taking much pleasure in looking back; you could say 'wastin' my time away'. I am reminded of Otis Redding who was born on September 9; a birthday that is one week to the day later than my eldest son's birthday. Significant to me as my son turns 26 - the year Otis Redding was when his life was cut short tragically in a plane crash. Otis Redding (1941-1967) - an American Soul singer/songwriter and record producer of the first posthumous Number One Single in US Chart history selling 4 million copies worldwide. He died one month before its release.

Wouldn't you all agree we need more Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay. More... Much more........
Goodbye, Irene!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails